Salt Dough Rainbow
- 2 cups of plain flour,
- 1 cup of salt,
- ¾ cup of water,
- 1 teaspoon of cooking oil (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Poster paint
- String (optional)
- Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the water (and the oil if you are using oil), mix the ingredients together to make dough.
- Knead the dough and roll out onto a flat surface (sprinkle a little flour on the surface not for the dough to stick).
- Separate the dough into 8 pieces (one for the clouds if you want them).
- Keep adding the sausages until you have 7, one for each colour, make holes if you want to hang it up after.
- Bake in the oven for up to 1 hour at 180/200 degrees
- Let it cool and it will be ready to paint
The colours of the rainbow are:
Red-orange-yellow-green-blue-indigo and violet.
How do you remember your rainbow colours?
We will be uploading lots of rainbow ideas this week, you don’t have to stick to ours, you can create your own.
Some people have already sent us their crochet and knitted versions of the rainbow, send us your ideas too, we’d love to see photos! You can send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org